The author rides a 2008 Victory Vision Tour

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Who needs an excuse (to motorcycle) ?

scenic-motorcycle-route
Today was one of those February days when you are glad you motorcycle in the Pacific Northwest. It was sunny and felt warmer than the 57 degrees reported by the big sign on the bank. Days like this, when you know colder, wetter days are coming, I get out and ride for no other reason than carpe diem(CD).
But I did have an excuse: Meeting a friend for coffee at Lava Java (the best coffee shop in southwest Washington). So I motorcycled out there, slurped a latte, and zipped back home. Total riding time - about an hour. Total miles: 28 twisty scenic sunny day (s)miles!
Reminds me of CD rides when I lived in Alaska. A beautiful day comes along, and so I think I'll go fill up the gas tank on the motorcycle. "Be right back" I said to the woman who lets me live with her (thanks Mike Doogan). Deal was I lived in Anchorage and my favorite gas station was in Girdwood 40 miles away. "That's OK", she said, "You probably didn't wanna mix the old gas with the new anyway...."

View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment