The author rides a 2008 Victory Vision Tour

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Requiem for a motorcycling company

scenic-motorcycle-route
The realization that this economic slump is indeed deepening hit me hard the other day when I visited the website of one of my favorite motorcycle companies, Widder.com. This outfit had been making heated clothing for motorcycle riders since the '70s. I own a set of their heated gloves and a heated vest, and have mentioned them in other posts. Their products were pricey but worth every penny; their customer service was always friendly and prompt; and to this day their stuff continues to add to my motorcycling enjoyment. I was saddened to see the banner at the top of the home page, Thanks for the Memories...1971-2009. Widder Enterprises, sad to see you go.

No comments:

Post a Comment