The author rides a 2008 Victory Vision Tour

Friday, March 27, 2009

Motorcycle Cop or not?

motorcycle-scenic-roadsscenic-motorcycle-route

The motorcycle-cop effect: What other drivers do when they see a huge white motorcycle.... I rode the motorcycle to work today, the first motorcycling commute since last fall. Every morning I see people who are in a huge hurry to get to work. They speed and weave around slower traffic and sit at the red light while the rest of us catch up. I tend to go the speed limit commuting in the slow lane, and just enjoy my morning coffee (only in the car of course) and some music. Today though, on my enormous white Honda Gold Wing, it was different. It is dark on the way to work this time of year; and while motorists could tell there was a huge white motorcycle in the right lane ahead of them going the speed limit, the usual speeders were wondering: "Is that a motorcycle cop? I better slow down just in case." Of course as they crept by me and recognized the motorcycle was not police, they resumed their normal faster-than-average travel. It was nice though to bring a sort of calming effect to the morning commute, the way it should be traveling by bike in the Pacific Northwest.

No comments:

Post a Comment