The author rides a 2008 Victory Vision Tour

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Motorcycle commute: Pros and Cons

scenic-motorcycling-ridescenic-motorcycle-route

On the motorcycle your senses are much more closely in tune to the world around you. You might say riding the motorcycle is one way to get back in touch with nature. One major difference between riding to work in my car and riding to work on the motorcycle is the invigorating flow of air. On the motorcycle you are bombarded with the smells of whatever area you are riding through, and they cannot be avoided. Whether I am touring through a forest of douglas fir or motorcycling past a freshly-cut hay field, your nose tells you exactly where you are. On the down side, my commute to work every day takes me past one place I'd just as soon not be in tune with: An enormous dairy farm...!

No comments:

Post a Comment